Mini desserts have been trending for a while and it seems like they are here to stay. Perfectly portioned for individual servings, allowing us to sample a variety of them in one sitting! Align them up on your dessert table and they look absolutely stunning.
I enjoy making these mini-desserts for parties we host at home. Inevitably, I end up getting carried away, and try out new combinations and old-time favorites. This results in needing over 50 shot glasses to serve this deliciousness in. So a special thanks to my awesome neighbor for always lending these to me, as a frantically whatsapp her at odd hours!
Here are my four favorite shot glass desserts to share with you. They are easy to put together and that one spoonful is enough to take you to dessert heaven!(Yes, that’s a place!)
The base of this trifle is a layer of decadent, dark, mocha chocolate brownie. You can use store-bought brownies or use a commercial box to make the brownies or if you are brave enough, make them from scratch. For this recipe I used the box mix, but in place of water I used some concentrated coffee. They turned out absolutely divine.
Chocolate Brownie Trifle
A trifle layered with decadent brownies, coffee crunch, a rich chocolate pudding, some whipped cream and finally a crushed Flake bar on top For serious chocolate lovers only.
- Mocha brownies cooled and cut into squares
- cappuccino or coffee flavoured hard candy – crushed
- Chocolate or Caramel syrup
- Chocolate pudding or a layer of chocolate mousse
- Whipped cream
- Flake Chocolate bar (x 2 – because you know you will end up having some too!)
- In shot glasses, layer your chocolate mocha brownies that have cooled.
- Add some chocolate syrup so that the brownies stay moist. Also add the crushed coffee candy.
- Next layer your chocolate pudding or mousse.
- Finally layer it with some whipped cream and sprinkle the Flake chocolate for some added goodness.
Chocolate Pudding: I have used both pre-made chocolate pudding, and home-made chocolate mousse as well. Both come out very well. In this recipe, I used a box of ‘Jello’ chocolate pudding. Empty one packet in a bowl. Add in 10 oz of condensed milk and give it a stir. Add 1/2 cup of water with 2 tsp of instant coffee mixed in and stir to combine. Once combined, fold in about 4 oz of whipped cream till no streaks remain.
Cheesecake Shooters with Raspberry Sauce
The perfect combination of tangy and sweet in this cheesecake topped with some raspberry coulis .
- For the crust
- 1 1/2 cup of crushed Graham crackers or Digestive Biscuits
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 7 Tbsp melted butter For the filling
- 8 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- 7 oz condensed milk
- Raspberry coulis for the topping (I use a store-bought bottle of coulis)
- Mix the ingredients for the crust and layer your shot glasses.
- Beat the cream cheese with the condensed milk till smooth.
- Layer the shot glasses with the cream cheese mixture next.
- Top with a spoon of raspberry coulis
Pumpkin Cheesecake Shooters
With the subtle flavor of the pumpkin puree, mixed with cream cheese along with the spice and crunch of ginger biscuits - as you take that first bite.
- Ginger biscuits crushed for the base
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 of a 15 oz can of pumpkin puree
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 4 oz whipped cream (whipped with some icing sugar till soft peak stage)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Crush ginger biscuits and layer the bottom of the shot glasses.
- Next beat the cream cheese in your stand mixer till smooth.
- Add pumpkin puree, brown sugar, vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon and mix well.
- Fold in the whipped cream till no streaks remain. Fill your shot glasses with this and top with some more crushed ginger biscuits.
Nutella Crunch Cheesecake Shooters
The richness of Nutella, the tanginess of cream cheese and the crunch of Oreos - all combined in a single serving dessert! What's not to love?
- 20 Oreo cookies
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 12 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 3/4 cup Nutella
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 4 cups whipped cream
- In your food processor, crush the Oreos. Take out 1 cup and set it aside.
- Add melted butter to the remaining crushed Oreos and layer the base of your shot glasses.
- In your stand mixer cream together cream cheese and Nutella.
- Add in the icing sugar – scrapping down the sides as needed.
- Stir in the whipped cream, until it is well incorporated.
- Lastly add in the reserved Oreo crumbs and give it a stir in the mixer.
- Layer your mixture into the shot glasses and top with some whipped cream.