These are by far one of the most requested cookies in my home! But in the interest of full disclosure, these are best enjoyed for folks who crave a serious chocolate fix! They are extremely decadent, so having one will likely suffice. The recipe is from my all time favorite Sally’s Baking Addiction.
With these cookies, I try and use Ghiradelli Chocolate when it’s available. I feel this is one of the best quality chocolates and makes a difference in the overall flavor of the cookie. However you could substitute with an alternative you have on hand such as Hershey’s or a local grocery store brand.
Death By Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
A chocolate lovers dream cookie! Decadent, rich and dense. A perfect peanut butter and chocolate combination.
- 1 cup plus 1 Tbsp (133g) all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (21g) natural unsweetened or dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 oz semi sweet chocolate chopped (I use Ghiradelli)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence or extract
- 5 Tbsp (75g) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup (150g) light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (180g)semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (180g) peanut butter chips
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second increments until fully melted. Set aside
- In a bowl whisk the eggs and add the vanilla essence. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, beat the butter until smooth. Add in the sugars, and ensuring you scrape down the sides to incorporate it all.
- Mix in the beaten egg/vanilla until fully incorporated. Add the melted chocolate in a steady stream until fully combined. Next add the dry ingredients on low speed. Do not over mix. Next fold in the chocolate chips and peanut butter chips.
- Chill dough for about 20-30 mins. Preheat oven to 350F
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Take about 2Tbsp of the mixture, roll it into a ball and flatten slightly on top and lay on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10-12 mins. The cookies will be just about set yet appear very soft in the center. They will firm up as they cool. Keep cookies on baking sheet for about 5 mins and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
I love Sally’s recipes so much!! This is a lot of peanut butter in a cookie hahaha and I love how you took a photo with it all layed out!!
These look fabulous! My daughter would be in heaven, will pin and try them out soon!
One??? Seriously?? I am not an ardent chocolate fan. However, all my chocolate craving friends would finish the whole batch in minutes and then ask for more…!!
This chocolate cookies actually looks delicious! I’m bookmarking to refer to when I cook. Thank you!
Can’t wait to try it. Sounds yummy.
One would not do it for me. I’d probably eat the entire batch.
LikeLiked by 1 person