These are by far one of the most requested cookies in my home! But in the interest of full disclosure, these are best enjoyed for folks who crave a serious chocolate fix! They are extremely decadent, so having one will likely suffice. The recipe is from my all time favorite Sally’s Baking Addiction.
With these cookies, I try and use Ghiradelli Chocolate when it’s available. I feel this is one of the best quality chocolates and makes a difference in the overall flavor of the cookie. However you could substitute with an alternative you have on hand such as Hershey’s or a local grocery store brand.
Death By Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
A chocolate lovers dream cookie! Decadent, rich and dense. A perfect peanut butter and chocolate combination.
- 1 cup plus 1 Tbsp (133g) all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (21g) natural unsweetened or dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 oz semi sweet chocolate chopped (I use Ghiradelli)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence or extract
- 5 Tbsp (75g) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup (150g) light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (180g)semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (180g) peanut butter chips
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second increments until fully melted. Set aside
- In a bowl whisk the eggs and add the vanilla essence. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, beat the butter until smooth. Add in the sugars, and ensuring you scrape down the sides to incorporate it all.
- Mix in the beaten egg/vanilla until fully incorporated. Add the melted chocolate in a steady stream until fully combined. Next add the dry ingredients on low speed. Do not over mix. Next fold in the chocolate chips and peanut butter chips.
- Chill dough for about 20-30 mins. Preheat oven to 350F
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Take about 2Tbsp of the mixture, roll it into a ball and flatten slightly on top and lay on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10-12 mins. The cookies will be just about set yet appear very soft in the center. They will firm up as they cool. Keep cookies on baking sheet for about 5 mins and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.