This recipe is a family favorite in our home. The chicken comes out nice and crispy and it is paired with a tangy hot and sweet buffalo sauce. I serve it with white rice and my children love it!
Originally I had seen a version of this recipe on Chef Shireen Anwar’s cooking show, and have been making a close variation of it for many years.
This is best served immediately, but if you wanted to make it ahead of time, I would suggest frying the chicken and leaving it in the oven to keep warm. When it is time to serve, reheat the buffalo sauce and drizzle on top.
Buffalo chicken Bites
An Asian fusion inspired dish with crispy chicken topped with a hot and sweet sauce.
Credit: Originally seen on Shireen Anwar’s show
- 1 kg boneless chicken cut into cubes
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- Oil for cooking
For the Sauce
- 4 oz unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 4 Tbsp Ketchup
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Sprinkle the baking powder over the chicken cubes and leave for about 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, paprika, and salt. Mix well to combine. Sprinkle the chicken cubes with the flour mixture until well incorporated. I did it a little at a time so that clumps don’t form. I ended up with a little leftover flour mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate the flour coated chicken for about an hour.
- Heat some vegetable oil in a pan and fry the chicken pieces till cooked and golden brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Prepare the sauce by combining all the ingredients. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Arrange your chicken in the serving platter and drizzle the sauce on top. Serve with some steamed white rice.
Love it. Thanks for sharing
Love the recipe! Going to try it soon.