We all need easy simple dinners, that can be put together quickly. If they can come together in one pan, that’s even better! This recipe for a quick weeknight dinner, can be done with or without marinating the chicken. It is very versatile. You can add any veggies you have on hand, and pop it into the oven.
This chicken is infused with the perfect combination of lemon and garlic. There is a touch of sweetness with honey, and herbs to balance the flavors.
This recipe was inspired by Tin Eats.
Baked Chicken With Lemo & Garlic
A complete chicken dinner infused with flavor and made in one pan.
- 1 Kg chicken thighs with skin on
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup lemon juice (depending on your tastes)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp honey or sugar
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1-2 Tbsp Olive oil
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- 6-8 red baby potatoes, halved
- 1 tub of cherry tomatoes, whole
- 2 red onions, quartered
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Olive oil for drizzling
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Basil leaves for garnish
- In a bowl, mix the ingredients for the marinade . Next take your baking dish, and add in the chicken thighs. Pour the marinade mixture on top and coat it well. If you can, leave this overnight. Marination is not necessary, but it enhances the flavor.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Take your baking dish with the chicken, and add in potatoes, onions, and the chicken stock. Add some salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes. Take your baking dish out, and add in the tomatoes and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Bake it for an additional 40-45 minutes till the chicken is cooked through, and the potatoes are done. During the baking process, you can scoop up the liquid at the bottom and baste your chicken for extra juiciness!
- Take out of the oven and garnish with fresh basil leaves. This is best eaten with a baguette, that will soak up the juices!