This irresistible chocolate tart is made with a combination of bittersweet and semi sweet chocolate to create a perfectly balanced decadent tart. The ganache is then poured onto an Oreo cookie crust which adds the perfect crunch and sweetness. Serve with berries or a dollop of whipped cream.
Decadent Chocolate Tart
A textured oreo crust topped with a rich chocolate ganache and offset with berries and a dusting of icing sugar.
- 2 1/2 cups Oreo crushed
– 5 Tbsp melted butter
– 10 inch tart pan with removable bottom
For the crust
For the ganache
– 8 oz bittersweet chocolate 70% cocoa
– 4 oz semi sweet chocolate 60 % cocoa
– 2 Tbsp butter in small pieces
– 1 1/2 cup heavy cream or whipping cream
– 1 tsp vanilla essence
– 1 tsp instant coffee
Optional – Berries for garnish – Icing sugar for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Place the oreos into a food processor and whiz it into a fine crumb.
3. Add the melted butter into the Oreos and mix. Press the crust firmly into the tart pan and bake for 8-10 minutes. Transfer the tart pan onto a wire rack and cool completely.
4. To make the ganache, heat the heavy cream in a saucepan until it is just about to simmer. You do not want it to boil, but small bubbles have started to come to the top and is heated very well.
5. Remove from heat and pour on top of the chocolate. Let it sit for a minute and then with your spatula mix well. Add in the vanilla essence and coffee and mix. Add butter a couple small pieces at a time and mix till fully incorporated.
6. Pour the ganache into the prepared crust and smooth out.
7. Carefully place the tart into the refrigerator to cool completely – at least 2 hours or overnight.
8. Garnish with berries and a dusting of icing sugar. When cutting, use a sharp knife and wipe down knife between slices.
Hey Nadia, this looks beautiful!! I’ve been reading your posts for a bit now. Great blog!! Love your variety of orginal recipes and from other resources~ I’m a HUGE introvert who loves baking too 🙂 Glad to have found your blog!
This looks so good:) Cant wait to try it out!