These crispy chicken bites make for the perfect appetizer or snack for any time of the day! They can be prepared ahead of time and baked when needed. Yes, you read that right, these delicious snacks are baked, not fried!
Chicken Cheese Bites
A crispy bite that is packed with flavor.
- 3 cups shredded chicken (oven roasted or boiled)
- 1/4 cup Nando’s garlic peri peri sauce
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 3 1/2 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped spring onions
- 1 cup flour
- 2-3 eggs beaten
- 4 cups cornflakes cereal lightly crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the shredded chicken, Nando’s peri peri garlic sauce, hot sauce, cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese and spring onions. Mix well with a fork and combine well.
- Take about a heaped tablespoon of the mixture and roll it into a ball. Place this on a separate tray and complete making the balls with the remaining mixture.
- In a dish lay out the flour for coating. In another dish, beat the eggs and in the third one keep the crushed cornflakes. Take each chicken ball, roll into the flour, then the eggs and finally the cornflakes. Place onto the baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20 -25 minutes, turning it midway through the cooking. Serve with a sweet thai cilli sauce or a creamy ranch dressing.
- You can use boiled chicken for this or roasted chicken. I prefer roasted chicken. To make that simply take a full chicken, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with some olive oil and bake at 350 F till its done. Alternatively you could just use the roasted chicken that is available in the supermarkets.
- This makes for a great freezer option as well. To do that, prepare the mixture until step 3. Once all the chicken balls are done, place them in a baking tray and pop it in the freezer. Once they are frozen, you can take them out and place in a zip-lock bag. Anytime you want to use them, bring them to room temperature and coat with the flour, egg and cornflakes mixture and bake.