When I think of chicken wings I think of hot and spicy drenched in some ifery buffalo sauce. Add a side of ranch and that is my ideal way to have them.
However recently I have been experimenting with some different flavors and came across a recipe that makes sweet, sticky and tangy chicken wings. I’ve modified it slightly to suit our taste palette. They are perfect to have for a summer barbeque alongside some grilled pineapples
Hawaiian Chicken Wings
A sticky sweet tangy burst of flavor with these grilled chicken wings.
This recipe has been adapted from Serious Eats.
- 20-25 chicken wings
- 1 cup of pineapple juice
- 1-2 cup of soy sauce
- 1-2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp Siracha sauce
- Finely sliced spring onions for garnish
- Grilled pineapple wedges for serving
- In a bowl mix the pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, and siracha sauce and mix well.
- Add 3/4th of this mixture to your chicken wings and let it marinate. The longer the it marinates, the better. At least 3-4 hours. Keep the remainder of the marinade for grilling.
- Remove the chicken wings from the marinade and discard any marinade it was soaking in.
- Heat up your grill and cook your chicken wings until done. Turning once or twice for even cooking. Halfway through the cooking, baste the chicken with your leftover marinade that we had kept from earlier.
- Grill pineapple wedges to have alongside the wings.
- Garnish with thinly sliced spring onions.
The chicken wings can be air fryed or baked as well.
Looks yummy! Will be trying out soon!
Looks delicious. Would love to try.