These chocolate chip cookie bars come out perfect every time and are incredibly easy to make! They are soft and chewy with ample chocolate chips in every bite! (That is what we love- right?!). Add to this the fact that it doesn’t require a mixer or chilling the dough- even better! In fact, my kids actually bake this up more often than I do.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
A soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie bar that is super easy to bake up! It doesn't require a mixer and your kids can have a go at making it too!
- 2 and 1/4 cups (280g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (170g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup (200g) packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 large egg yolk, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (180g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Optional Sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line parchment paper in a 8×8 square tin pan such that the excess hangs from the sides so it is easier to pull out of the pan
2. Whisk together the salt, flour, baking soda and cornstarch in a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk melted butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until well combined and no lumps remain.
4. Next add in the egg and egg yolk and finally the vanilla and combine well.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and combine. Fold in the chocolate chips.
6. Transfer this dough into your prepared pan and pat down to create an even layer. At this point you can sprinkle some sea salt if you wish and some extra chocolate chips on top.
7. Allow bars to cool in the pan that is set on a wire rack for an hour. Take them out by lifting the parchment paper that is hanging from the sides. Cut into squares and keep in an air tight container for up to a week.
Tip: Chocolate Chip Dough can be refrigerated for 3 days and frozen for up to 3 months.