A black forest cake is traditionally made a different way. It uses only eggs and no baking powder to make the cake rise. It also is infused with liquor. Here I have made a different version for you all. I’ve taken my favorite moist chocolate cake and layered it with fresh whipped cream and cherries.
Black Forest Cake
A moist chocolate cake infused with cherries and fresh whipped cream.
- Chocolate cake
- 220 gm all purpose flour
- 65 gm unsweetened cocoa powder
- 350 gm granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp espresso powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 190 gm sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup string coffee Whipping Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 30gm icing sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1 can 15oz Cherry pie filling
- 3-4 Flake chocolate bars for decoration
- 1 tub Marasachino Cherries
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease and flour two 9 inch round cake pans.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and espresso powder and set aside.
- In your mixer, fitted with a flat beater, beat oil, eggs, sour cream, buttermilk and vanilla until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until incorporated. Next add in the hot coffee and mix.
- Divide the batter between the two pans and bake for 20-25 mins until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack and let it cool for 15 minutes and remove from the pan and let it come to room temperature.
- Prepare your whipped cream by whisking cream, icing sugar and vanilla till soft peaks form. Assembly
- Drain the cherries from the can and reserve the heavy syrup.
- Carefully cut along both the cakes to make additional layers. You will now have 4 layers.
- Place the first cake layer on your cake board or cake stand and brush with the syrup. Next spread about 1 cup of whipped cream evenly on top. Then dot with the drained cherries. Place your second cake layer on top and repeat. When you place your last layer, top it only with whipped cream and cover the sides with it evenly as well.
- Decorate with the chocolate and cherries.
Fantastic blog! Black forest cake are very close to my heart and i am very vary thankful to you for providing lovely recipe. Just fall in love with this blog. Thannkss a lot!
LikeLiked by 1 person
LikeLiked by 1 person